No medical negligence; family apprised of bill: Fortis


Fortis Memorial Research Institute (Gurgaon) charged the family of a seven year-old dengue patient nearly Rs 16 lakh for 15 days in the ICU, but the girl died while being shifted from Fortis to Rockland Hospital.

In his tweet, Chandrashekhar claimed that there was a "need to evolve regulation to protect patients and consumers from profiteering and exploitation by private hospitals".

Calling the death "unfortunate", Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda on Tuesday said the government had sought a detailed report from the hospital.

According to a family friend's post on Twitter, the hospital reportedly charged them Rs 18 lakh for treatment including for nearly 2,700 gloves and 660 syringes (almost 40 syringes a day) over the course of 15 days.

Youth Congress Twitter meme mocks Modi; Congress firefights
Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah also disapproved and said the action amounted to political suicide. Trump corrects him, saying the word is pronounced as "meem", while May tells him to go and sell tea.

The comments came after the parents of Adya, who died of dengue during treatment at the hospital, were allowed to take their daughter's body only after paying a bill of Rs 18 lakh.

On September 14, the doctors told the parents that the girl had 70% to 80% brain damage and would not recover completely. The 20-page itemised bill from the hospital added up to Rs 18 lakh. "One of my batchmate's 7 year old was in @fortis hospital for 15 days for dengue".

It said in a statement that there was no medical negligence and all standard protocols were followed in the treatment of the patient at the hospital.

The girl, Adya Singh, was referred to Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, after she was diagnosed with dengue and her condition deteriorated August 31. "But, after we signed the papers stating that we were leaving against medical advice, we were asked to go back and pay for the hospital gown Adya was wearing because she couldn't fit into her clothes", said Singh.

President Trump declares North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism
South Korean forces eventually rescued the soldier, who later underwent multiple surgeries and was reportedly in stable condition. But other analysts speculate that this delay in nuclear and ballistic missile testing is another sign that he is unwell.

However, refuting the father's claim, a hospital spokesperson said that the patient's condition was critical and needed intensive monitoring right from the start. The hospital put Adya on ventilation due to a progressive fall in her platelet count. As a process, we counselled the family daily on the condition of the child.

Adya Singh, daughter of Dwarka-based IT professional Jayant Singh, was admitted to Fortis on August 31 with "severe dengue", which later progressed to "dengue shock syndrome".

"An amount of Rs 5,21,433 was paid by the insurance and the balance was to be paid by the family of the child. If required action will be taken", Nadda said on the sidelines of a World Health Organization conference. "Treatment during these 15 days included mechanical ventilation, high frequency ventilation, continuous renal replacement therapy, intravenous antibiotics, inotropes, sedation and analgesia", the hospital said. "All consumables are transparently reflected in records and charged as per actuals", the spokesperson added.

Romelu Lukaku to Pay US Police $450 to Avoid Jail Time
Ahead of his move to Old Trafford, Lukaku spent the off-season holidaying in the United States with future teammate Paul Pogba when he ran into a bit of trouble with the LAPD .