Philippines Bans Deployment of New Filipino Workers to Kuwait

Share

Kuwait authorities are looking to resolve the issue with the Filipino government and with Interpol on the case.

"We condemn the statements of the Philippine president, especially since we are in contact with the Philippines at the highest level to fully explain the state of the Filipino workforce in Kuwait", he said.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said the government is not forcing all OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) to go back to the Philippines, following the reported Kuwaiti employers' abuses against their Filipino helpers.

"Under worldwide law, Kuwait has the obligation to provide justice for our countrymen", he said.

Kuwait's embassy in Manila declined to comment.

"(Regarding new recruits), that has to be clarified in the order to be issued by the Secretary on Monday", Francia said.

Apple HomePod Launches With Big Sound-and Even Bigger Questions
Siri will also not let you turn up the volume so you can take the speakers to a sound level where you can hear how awful it is. Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced the HomePod at a keynote address in June 2017, saying that it would "reinvent home music".

"A communication was sent to our welfare officers in Kuwait, and there was a follow-up email on March 17, 2017, and what happened thereafter is that our welfare officers ascertained the existence of the Kuwaiti agency", Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) administrator Hans Cacdac told CNN Philippines' News Night on Monday.

"They will be repatriated in batches from February 11 to 13", said Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Sarah Lou Arriola, adding she was implementing Duterte's order to assist all OFWs who want to return to the Philippines.

"Our efforts to protect our (countrymen) will not end with the imposition of deployment bans or the repatriation of our workers in countries where they are prone to maltreatment", Cayetano said.

Police who served an eviction notice at an apartment in Kuwait's Al-Shaab district stumbled on a grisly discovery - the remains of missing Filipina maid Joanna Daniela Demafelis stuffed inside a freezer.

Meanwhile, the Philippines on Monday will announce a total ban on the deployment of OFWs to Kuwait, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said Sunday.

The BusinessMirror earlier reported that some 25,000 household service workers were also left stranded in the country because of the ban. They are among over 2 million employed in the region, whose remittances are a lifeline to the Philippine economy.

Wanted Indian Mujahideen terrorist, who escaped during Batla House encounter, arrested
The expert bomb maker's involved is suspected in 2007 UP blasts, 2008 Jaipur serial blasts and 2008 Ahmedabad blasts. When Subhan was arrested, he had told the police that he had come down to India from Nepal to revive the outfit.

Demafelis had been tortured and later strangled to death, an autopsy revealed.

He said the country was also looking at alternative markets like Russian Federation and China. "It is totally, totally unacceptable to me", Duterte said.

"I could not stomach this".

"But a total ban is not the solution".

The Philippines and China may sign a bilateral agreement on the deployment of OFWs "within the month or next month", Bello said.

He said a total ban on deployment without the government necessarily offering sustainable job alternatives at home would "not stop our desperate compatriots from finding work in prohibited places".

Team Canada gets its first gold medal of the PyeongChang 2018 Olympics
The first team event was the men's short program, where Nathan Chen placed the United States in fourth, earningseven points. Four years later, they did exactly that. "This was important and our whole team was full in to win this".

Share