Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans

Share

Griezmann was close to closing a move to Barça after months of talks once his release clause dropped to 100 million euros on July 1.

It is understood that representatives of Monaco and Atletico met on Tuesday evening to discuss the transfer, with Lemar now involved with the French national team at the World Cup in Russian Federation, as reported by French news outlet L'Equipe.

France kick off their World Cup campaign against Australia on Saturday and Griezmann had previously insisted that he would reveal his future before that match.

France coach Didier Deschamps prohibits players from undergoing negotiations during tournaments, pushing Griezmann towards making a decision.

Donald Trump Considering Pardon for Muhammad Ali
The US presidential pardon allows a sitting commander-in-chief to grant clemency for federal crimes. A spokesman for Ali thanked Trump but said a pardon isn't necessary.

Griezmann, 27, is the subject of a tug-of-war between Barcelona and his current club, Atletico Madrid.

"I'm sorry for the wait, but today is not the day".

Of course, if he was staying at Atleti, why wouldn't he just come out and say it now if he's already made his decision?

Griezmann has scored 112 goals and assisted a further 40 strikes in 209 games for Atletico since his arrival at the Vicente Calderon in 2014.

Trump, Kim shake hands to open momentous summit
It's so far unclear whether the USA and North Korea will release some kind of joint statement or agreement following the sit-down. USA presidents have always faced a predicament in balancing national security and geopolitical priorities with democratic values.

Most of the Catalan's squad have commented on rumours that the star could move to the Nou Camp.

Monaco today confirmed that they have agreed a deal in principle with Atlético Madrid for the sale of Thomas Lemar.

Dermot Corrigan is a Madrid-based football writer who covers La Liga and the Spain national team for ESPN FC.

Kylie Jenner deletes all pictures of baby Stormi - here's why
But last time she took a break she said it was for hers and her baby's health, so we hope they are both OK. Hit play on the video to see Stormi Webster's cutest baby moments in these now-deleted snaps.

Share