An Indianapolis family is raising a red flag about the so-called "Hot Water Challenge" after the risky prank resulted in a 15-year-old being severely burned.
When 10-year-old Wesley Smith suffered second- and third-degree burns while trying to replicate a "Hot Water Challenge" video he saw on YouTube in 2016, his stepfather had a warning for parents: "Watch what your kids are doing on the internet,"Jimmy Daugherty told CBS 17". Kyland says last week he and his friend were looking up the hot water challenge on YouTube.
"I looked down at my chest", he said.
Demi Lovato Reportedly Suffering Complications After Apparent Overdose
Demi Lovato's Thursday concert in Atlantic City may have been canceled, but the singer and her music were still celebrated. Once Lovato is discharged, she is expected to head straight to a rehabilitation facility .
"My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and on my face", he said. Conrad reportedly suffered first- and second-degree burns.
The teen was admitted to a local hospital, where he remained under treatment for a week.
"If you hear them talking about challenges, I don't care what type of challenge it is, let them know that it's not a good idea", she said. The stupid viral challenges are very risky, and the Hot Water Challenge follows the same vein.
CBS to Appoint Outside Law Firm to Handle Probe Into Moonves Allegations
The meeting was scheduled before the claims that came to light in a New Yorker article published July 27. Redstone wants to remerge the two corporate entities, while Moonves wants to keep them separate.
If hot coffee or tea can cause an injury, imagine what boiling water can do, according to the Burn Foundation. "To see my baby, all burnt up like that.it's heart-breaking", Andrea Clark said. Last year, 8-year-old Ki'ari Pope died after drinking boiling water for the challenge, her throat just too badly burned. "And, it's suggesting to people that they can try it and they won't be hurt, but they will be".
Dr. Ed Barkus told WXIN it's possible that people who do the challenge could end up with permanent disfigurement due to burns on the body or burns to the airway that could result in death.
"When I took my shirt off my skin just melted off of me", Kyland Clark, 15, recalled.
Manchester United problems increase with Ander Herrera and Eric Bailly injuries
United are set to be without a host of their stars for the club's Premier League opener against Leicester City on August 10. Neither are likely to start against Madrid, with another friendly to come next week back in Europe against Bayern Munich.
Kyland is recovering from his injuries. Doctors hope that the pigment will return to his face in several months.